at Diné College, AZ
Established by tribes to educate Native people and preserve Native ways, tribal colleges and universities (TCUs) provide access to a higher education to people who are located on or near remote, rural Indian reservations.
Key Facts About the Nation's TCUs:
- The American Indian College Fund supports the 34 fully accredited TCUs across the United States serving more than 30,000 full-time students.
- TCUs are accredited and must meet the same academic standards as all other colleges and universities;
- Native culture is infused throughout the tribal college curriculum;
- Tribal colleges promote academic achievement, cultural identity, and lift students out of poverty through an education, creating economic and social change in Native and rural communities;
- Most tribal colleges receive no Indian casino or state tax revenues.
Download our brochure about a tribal college education.